At BrightView, the best teams are created and maintained here. If you are searching for your next fulfilling career, picture yourself on a best-in-class team where you can grow to be your brightest. We’re looking for a Landscaping Crew Member Driver. Can you picture yourself here?
Here’s what you’d do:
The Crew Member Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently producing quality landscape service that meets or exceeds the standards of clients and management.
You’d be responsible for:
Preparing trucks for the day:
- Load gas cans, mowers and other equipment onto trucks/trailers
- Secure all equipment
- Maintain and correctly use issued personal protective equipment.
Performing maintenance on properties:
- Safely operate equipment with all necessary personal protective equipment
- Mow turf using various mowers
- Edge grass at curbs and walkways
- Blow leaves and clippings
- Prune shrubs and trees as needed and clear debris
- Pull weeds as needed
- Clean site and watch for trash, limbs, and rocks
Plantings and Flower Installation:
- Prep soil uniformly for flower or groundcover installation
- Plant material properly considering depth, size, placement, and spacing
- Apply mulch appropriately for type of material
- Water material correctly
- Edge beds or establish new bed edges
Performing maintenance on equipment:
- Unload equipment from trucks/trailers
- Wash equipment and truck
- Change equipment blades and oil
- Clean air filters
- Grease machines
Snow removal (when applicable):
- Must be available nights, weekends and holidays
- Driving when necessary
- Assisting the crew leader as needed
You might be a good fit if you have:
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Some experience in lawn care
- Ability to operate various lawn care machinery including mowers, edgers, backpack blowers
- Ability to operate various vehicles, with or without trailers
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to safely perform heavy lifting/pushing/pulling of various landscaping equipment and materials, including, but not limited to backpack blowers, large containers of mulch/plant material, various sizes of lawnmowers, etc.
- Ability to safely operate hand and power equipment, including but not limited to manual and powered sawing and cutting equipment
- Ability to leverage 80 lbs. of a walk behind mower over curbs
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift branches and limbs
- Ability to push, pull, grip and squeeze various tools, products and/or items (e.g., pruning
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles a day, sometimes uphill and on uneven terrain, often while carrying, pushing, or pulling equipment, materials, or debris.
- Ability to bend and kneel up to 9 hours or more a day
- Ability to use hand saw
- Ability to work hours vary and may exceed 12 hours per day
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, precipitation)
- Noise level may be loud at times and use of ear plugs may be required (e.g., outdoor conditions, backpack blowers, running mowers, weedwackers)
Here’s what to know about working here:
Here at BrightView, we’re as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about caring for each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a team of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you just might have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development. In addition to best-in-class opportunities and competitive salary, you may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Start Your Bright New Career Journey
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.