At BrightView, the best teams are created and maintained here. If you are searching for your next fulfilling career, picture yourself on a best-in-class team where you can grow to be your brightest. We’re looking for a Golf Course Superintendent. Can you picture yourself here?
Here’s what you’d do:
The superintendent is entrusted with the maintenance, operation and management of a golf course. You serve as the liaison between the company, the customer representative and the golf shop on matters concerning daily course operation. You shall be easily contacted and will, in turn, be in contact with the key employees on the golf course at all times. The superintendent must be able to respond quickly to any situation.
You’d be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and direct maintenance of all areas within the scope and according to the technical specifications of the contract.
- Partnering with the customer to understand or develop a long term property improvement plan.
- Supervising the operation, maintenance and repair of all equipment assigned to the course.
- Preparing and operate within annual budget estimates.
- Preparing and follow an annual agronomic plan that operates within the technical specifications of the contract and the annual budget.
- Procuring and managing supplies and materials to support maintenance activities.
- Creating and distributing report of maintenance activities as required.
- Managing golf course employees including interview, hire, training, discipline and separation.
- Protecting the company’s interest by an awareness of and compliance with all applicable regulations including course and company policies.
- Fulfilling administrative duties timely. Administer all aspects of the BrightView Safety Program and the BrightView BV360 Management Program.
- Representing BrightView Golf Maintenance in a positive and professional manner including attitude, appearance and speech.
- Maintaining effective employee and public relations.
- Meeting or exceeding external and internal customer expectations.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Experience in all phases of golf course management and turf culture.
- A working knowledge of the construction, establishment, and maintenance practices employed on golf course putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- A degree or advanced knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, plant or soil science. High degree of administrative and executive ability including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Certified and /or licensed for pesticide usage.
- Valid driver’s license.
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Familiar with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners. Knowledge of irrigation including watering practices, irrigation systems, pumps, wells and automatic controls and drainage.
- Able to prepare the course for play in accordance with the rules of golf. Able to evaluate the course from the player’s perspective.
Here’s what to know about working here:
Here at BrightView, we’re as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about caring for each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a team of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you just might have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development. In addition to best-in-class opportunities and competitive salary, you may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Start Your Bright New Career Journey
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.