Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Principal Application Developer to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
BrightView is seeking a Senior Application Developer to join the BrightView Landscape Development Team. Reporting directly to the VP of Continuous Improvement, this individual will focus on developing innovative business applications that offer a strategic advantage. Partnering with functional leaders and subject matter experts from the business and influenced by IT leadership, you will develop, implement, and support applications, dashboards, and reports aimed at improving business outcomes and supporting strategic decisions. This is a full time/W-2 position.
You’d be responsible for:
- Serving as an extension of BrightView IT within the BrightView’s Landscape Development division, dedicated to innovative strategic projects that use technology to drive crucial business outcomes.
- Working with the business leadership team to create a strategic Technology and Innovation roadmap for BrightView Landscape Development.
- Supporting the rollout, adoption, and sustainment of Technology and Innovation solutions to maximize ROI.
- Working closely with business subject matter experts, IT business analysts, and/or technology vendors to design technical solutions to meet business requirements and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Developing applications in accordance with BrightView’s technical standards and industry best practices.
- Incorporating standard features into technical solutions such as single sign-on, logging, and appropriate integration with other applications.
- Participating in code reviews with BrightView’s Application Architect to ensure adherence to BrightView IT standards.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation that covers functionality, customizations, integrations, system administration procedures, user procedures, etc.
- Overseeing consulting and vendor resources to ensure adherence to standards when such resources are engaged for project work.
- Building skills in emerging and/or unfamiliar technologies both to meet specific project needs and to assess applicability to potential projects.
- Adhering to company change management and release management policies and procedures.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline. Master’s or MBA is a plus.
- 8+ years of IT experience in scoping, conceptualizing, designing, developing, and deploying both large scale applications and innovative niche solutions.
- Experience in translating business requirements into practical solutions that leverage people, process, and technology to drive desired business outcomes.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure IAAS / PAAS (required), AWS a plus
- Experience in programming using C#, SQL, REST/SOAP (including familiarity with JSON and XML); Web/Mobile Application development using Angular, PWA (Progressive Web Applications); Azure Search, Data Factory, SQL, Functions, Key Vault, and AD; Data Analytics / Data Warehousing and Modeling using Azure Analysis Services and Power BI.
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting technologies (e.g., PHP, PERL, Power Shell)
- Familiarity with one or more best of breed ERP, CRM, and BI platforms (required); Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, MS Dynamics, and/or Power BI (preferred).
- An interest in vehicle and equipment telematics; practical experience is a plus.
- Proven track record in applying IT best practices related to change management, data management, information security, disaster recovery, etc.
- The ability to develop, foster and support strong partnerships with business stakeholders and corporate IT.
- Strong communication skills, business acumen, technical knowledge, and proven record of success within a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment. Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
- Experience with any of the following: WPF (Windows Presentation Foundations); BizTalk (Data Integrations); Azure IoT Hub, Provisioning Services, Streaming Analytics; Java; Linux; Docker; and Device Configuration & IoT protocols.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.