Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a EHS Specialist to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The EHS Specialist is responsible to provide day-to-day EHS support to branch leadership and operating teams within designated Region. Support includes coaching, teaching, and training field leadership on safe operating behaviors. This position drives management efforts for assigned markets/branches to prevent work related injuries and illnesses, reduce vehicle accidents, property damage, and comply with OSHA and FMCSA/DOT standards.
You’d be responsible for:
- Provide management at assigned markets/branches with guidance regarding the effective administration of safety and health programs
- Develop and maintain complete understanding of safety and health compliance programs, training materials and other information contained on the BrightView EHS website.
- Proactively coach and guide assigned branches on how to implement compliance programs, training materials, and other information on the BrightView EHS website
- Respond to inquiries from assigned branches regarding interpretation and execution of programs, training, and other information contained on the BrightView EHS website
- Provide leadership and direction related to achieving the BrightView Safety Commitment
- Drive corporate and region management efforts to prevent work related injuries and illnesses, reduce vehicle accidents, property damage, and comply with OSHA and DOT standards
- Conduct, coordinate, and review inspections of assigned branches to identify potential OSHA compliance issues
- Assess branch implementation of BrightView requirements as contained on the BrightView EHS website
- Assist branch with the development of corrective action plans that address compliance or management system/practice issues
- Assist branch with accident/incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Correctly classify workplace incidents in accordance with OSHA recordkeeping standards
- Train branch management teams regarding safety policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource to SVP, VPGM, Branch Managers, and Branch Safety Leaders
- Monitor branch execution of monthly safety self-assessments
- Conduct periodic safety audits and observations
- Proactively train and coach Branch Safety Leaders regarding BSL program and safety policies and procedures
- Calculate quarterly bonus for BSL according to BSL SOP
- Establish and maintain an effective communication system to ensure relevant safety and health information is provided to branch management teams on a timely basis
- Communicate effectively to the branch management teams the consequences of non-compliance
- Drive implementation of safety procedures and programs consistent with OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulatory requirements and corporate policies
- Facilitate region/market safety meetings
- Effectively communicate any significate region, market, or branch specific problems or issues to the responsible EH&S supervisor
- Perform all other duties as assigned including carrying out responsibilities, performing duties, using skills, and working in conditions necessary to perform all assigned tasks. Tasks may include items such as, but not limited to, Subject Matter Expert (SME) Teams, assigned projects or other duties or initiatives as directed.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Occupational Safety, Behavior Safety, Industrial Hygiene, etc.) plus one-year safety experience or High School/GED diploma with 3 years full time safety experience. Two years of BrightView operations experience may be considered the equivalent of one-year full time safety experience). OHST or CHST credential preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and standards. (Completion of OSHA 511)
- Completion of OSHA 30 (1910 preferred)
- Knowledge of FMCSA/DOT regulations (preferred)
- Experience in recognizing compliance and risk issues and situations.
- Knowledge of safety and health management systems and practices.
- Experience in implementing compliance strategies and plans
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel 60% of time
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.