Procurement Specialist - Irrigation Category
Location: Pleasanton, Sacramento, or Reno
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Procurement Specialist for the Irrigation Category to join our team.
Here’s what you would do:
Strategically lead the regional procurement effort for the Irrigation Category of the division to enable business growth while also pursuing cost reduction and process streamlining. Establish relationships with Branch Managers and other business leaders to ensure that procurement is aligned with their objectives. Establish strong relationships with Vendors to achieve a competitive advantage in the market.
You’d be responsible for:
- Living by the organizational procurement strategy
- Executing against your objectives for purchasing within your assigned vertical
- Identifying cost saving and cost reduction opportunities
- Ensuring the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of spend across the company.
- Executing against measurable performance metrics for procurement activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Supplier performance
- Supplier quality
- Material shortage elimination
- Buyer activity levels
- Financial performance
- Rebate programs
- Understanding the customer’s needs to strategically serve as an Irrigation subject matter expert.
- Cultivating & maintaining robust supplier partnerships
- Negotiating National programs/partnerships achieving favorable terms, pricing, and rebate
- Conducting comprehensive market research to identify emerging trends, new entries, potential risks, and opportunities for competitive advantage.
- Using data driven insights to drive procurement decisions.
- Identifying opportunities for substitution/Value Engineering exercises per project and budgetary needs, maintaining customer satisfaction
- Participating in continuous improvement to enhance processes, efficiency, and compliance.
- Collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams to align approach and drive solutions for the desired outcomes.
- Maintaining/improving the order tracking system to establish transparency with stakeholders.
- Monitoring Purchase orders, project budgets, and order tracking to meet schedule requirements.
- Leading and working collaboratively with the Site Furnishings Team
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years procurement experience in landscaping, irrigation, or related industry
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic
- Customer service and/or sales experience
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree.
- Are bilingual (Spanish a plus)
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer